What ... Tyranny and Chocolate???

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:01 AM

This week I ran across a fun post in time for Hanukkah by a young Reform Rabbi on her blog, Frume Sarah's World.

As Jews, we share a unique responsibility in Tikkun Olam, in repairing the world and infusing it with holiness. As such, this author wrote an informative post on Hanukkah gelt. Yes ... that's right, Hanukkah gelt ... And raises awareness about ethical considerations when buying chocolate. So, as chocolate lovers ... and proponents of social justice ... we found her post informative and wanted to share!

2 comments

  1. Jon Says:

    love it!
    thanks for helping us to be more aware.
    hope you're having a great time in ABQ!

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Chocolate is already my tyrant, so the article merely gives me a bigger guilt trip. However, I must confess that gelt never did it for me. I graduated to dark chocolate a long time ago. Now, if there was gelt with dark chocolate . . .

    Dav